RE: NTLK FS: MessagePad 2100 + ext.

From: Bradley Smith (BradleyS@artisansw.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 04:33:54 EST

Well, I have a Mac emulator now so a Mac version would have been possible
and I was looking at the possibility of cross-compiling onto a Mac. The
problem was the amount of work required to reach the maximum audience. I'd
need to support Outlook 97, 98 and 2000 on Wintel and Mac with both 1.3 and
2.x os versions of Sloup. I wrote Notes2Notes because I wanted it for myself
but the other Outlook synching stuff I don't really care about (except email
maybe).

Anyway, I may yet keep the Newt; depends if I get a sensible offer or not.
Don't get me wrong, I *know* that there's nothing out there to top a Newt at
the moment but I don't really even need a PDA, so a Palm or similar would
probably do me. I just like gadgets :-)

If I keep the Newt I will most likely write a Newton-Outlook email transfer
system and give it away but I very much doubt I'll do the rest of the stuff.
Remember that Seamless Software have a product already written, that people
are begging to buy and they're not interested because they effort required
outweighs the rewards.

Well, we shall see.

Adios for now
Brad
> Which is partly where the problem for this package lies, it
> only synchs with
> Wintel so you're ruling out Mac users already.
>

> Robert Benschop

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!