Re: NTLK Re: Wireless LAN... again

From: Victor Rehorst (victor@gear.torque.net)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 03:39:45 EST

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Bill Davis wrote:

> On 3/26/2000 7:09 PM, Stainless Steel Rat
> [mailto:ratinox@peorth.gweep.net] wrote:
>
> >FWIW, if it really is is IEEE 802.11, it already works with AirPort.
>
> I thought I recall someone saying that they'd tried it and it didn't, or
> that it wasn't QUITE the same thing as IEEE 802.11, but similar. I'll
> have to look at my archives (or Victor's).

I've lost track of what card we're talking about. The Roamer and the
AirPort and Lucent WaveLan are all 802.11 compliant. The Proxim RangeLAN2
cards are *NOT*

Anyways, it's nice to see lots of activity on the wireless LAN front!
Maybe when I stop going insane from schoolwork I'll find some time to
update my site and get some more wireless info out there.

-----Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | victor@torque.net------
---Newton Resources: Ethernet, Newton Cage, NewtonTalk archive, and more!---
--------------- http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/newton/ ---------------

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!