Re: Re: NTLK Off Topic - Mac Help

From: ThisOlNewt@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 11:43:42 EST

<<Step 1... Nix AOL, use CD's for frisbees! :)

Honestly with as many problems as they have I don't know how they maintain
such a large customer base. But then the same can be said for other
companies/services as well...

Alex>>

I have used AOL for 5-6 years on a Mac Color Classic, performa 6290,
350mhziMac from home and on a 7200 and this G4 at work. Never a problem. Dial
in, TCP connection varrious Mac OS's etc... I use Aloha with the 1800 phone #
on the road all the time. AOLs kid content and parent controls are very nice
and family friendly. They cater to the consumer user very well. I tried
another ISP for my parents...that was a mistake with AOL they are happy and
on the net and love chats and e-mail with granchildren etc...... Just
because it is not geared to an individual who is a tech-head does not mean it
is not a good service.
BTW the Newton ftp archives there are great!
and the PDA folks are supportive of newton.

.o2 of my own
Rich
TON

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the