NTLK About Newton&S25 irda

From: Benjamin Dauhrer (bdauhrer@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 19:38:34 EST

Hi,

this seems to be an endless topic of discussion. The most simple way to
connect the Siemens S25 Cellphone to the newton is by using the standart S25
serial-cable (sold seperatly). Actually this is as far as I know the only
way it works at all right now.

The other possibility would be to connect it using the irdaport. It is
possible to send and recive data (.vcd I think is the format) using
BackTalk. However its not possible to connect it using irda because that
would mean using the IRComm protocol which is not availible for the
Newton(?). So anyway I dont know if its possible at all to tell eg. NIE to
use the irda interface.

I was wondering if its possible to use a Serial->Irda adapter on the Newton
to connect to the S25? The S25 understands AT-Comands so this shouldnt be
the problem....

regards,
Benjamin Dauhrer

PS. Sorry for my bad english.