Re: NTLK LocalTalk using Basilisk?

From: Leland Jory (ljory@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 10:39:44 EST

> In an effort to make my Newton more compatible with my PC I'm running the
> Mac emulator - Basilisk II.
> It's an excellent bit of software and I've got NCU running on it fine
using
> serial connection but wondered about the possibility of using an appletalk
> connection? Anyone done this? Can it be done? At the moment my newt goes
off
> looking for a computer to talk to but finds nothing (ahhh, bless).

I'm skeptical that this will work, as LocalTalk is not just implemented as a
protocol, the printer port on pre-iMac/b&wG3 Macs has additional hardware
for LocalTalk support. Needless to say, this hardware does not exist on
Wintel boxes.

Of course, I could be wrong....

Leland Jory
"Newton users swear by their PDAs. WinCE users swear AT their PDAs."

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!