Re: NTLK LocalTalk using Basilisk?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 07:26:06 EST

on 23-03-2000 1:17, Bradley Smith at BradleyS@artisansw.com wrote:

> In an effort to make my Newton more compatible with my PC I'm running the
> Mac emulator - Basilisk II.
> It's an excellent bit of software and I've got NCU running on it fine using
> serial connection but wondered about the possibility of using an appletalk
> connection? Anyone done this? Can it be done? At the moment my newt goes off
> looking for a computer to talk to but finds nothing (ahhh, bless).

Never done this myself, but I'll just tell you what I think (hope it isn't
nonsense)
If Basilisk is like a "real" Mac you will need to install NCU including the
extensions and communication tools that came with it, you'll need to set
NCU's prefs to AppleTalk as well and NCU has to be active when you try to
find your computer with your Newton.

Robert Benschop

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!