Re: NTLK GPS for Newton

From: Marco Mailand (mmailand@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 05:21:14 EST

Hi Jerry,
> I just purchased a Newton (ok I bought two, a 130 and a 2000), and I
> would like to use them for GPS work. I have a Delorme Tripmate reciever,
> and I wonder if any here would know if it would work with the Newtons?
I aswered just two days ago to the same Q. If the Delorme delivers NMEA
output it will be no problem. You need to solder the right cable only or use
two cables with some mating adapter or even a null modem, depending on what
cables you have (crossed or straight). I run a Jupiter 12 channel GPS on a
MP2k1 with GPSmap and have the moving map output with backlight (very nice
while driving with the car in the night).

--
Best Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand ****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!