NTLK Re: ANNOUNCE: Printing program for Windows released

From: THX 1138 (bct1@thestate.infi.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 23:32:40 EST

>Soft Print Pack operates by simulating the Print Pack serial to parallel
>cable. That is, it looks like a printer to your Newton, and it dumps the
>raw data into the Windows print queue. No translation of the data stream
>occours, so if you set the Printer on your Newton to "LaserWriter" and you
>have an Epson MX-80, what will print is raw PostScript.

am I correct in assuming that one can print greyscale to an inkjet printer
now? as I recall the print drivers would allow greyscale only thru
postscript printers (i.e. hp and apple laserjets) if it dumps raw data that
in theory this should still work but with any printer. very cool.

can someone verify this as I'm too lazy to set it all up right now?

later,

ben.

bct1@thestate.infi.net
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/7593/newton.html

"Was that the end?"
"You call that an ending with practically everyone still on their feet? My
goodness no, over your dead body."
        -Tom Stoppard "Rosencrantz and Guilderstein are Dead"

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!