Re: NTLK Newbie question

From: jon glass (jonglass@usa.net)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 04:43:47 EST

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 1:50 PM, Allen Dundek <mailto:ajdundek@usfamily.net>
wrote:
> I'm a veteran Mac user who just acquired a MP130 with a 2MB memory card.
> My
> question is about storage management: before I synch Now Up-to-Date with
my
> Newton, should I have it store the dates & contacts internally or on the
> card?

When you say "synch" do you mean the first time? Do you already have names
data on your Newton, or are you going to be adding it fresh? These sort of
things can make a big difference.

As far as where to put things, I recommend storing all your calendar data
internally. For names, I have over 700 names that are on my Newton. They
are organized into folders. Certain of these folders are stored entirely on
my card, and other folders are stored entirely on my internal store, based
on how important that catagory is, and whether or not I need the email
address. This makes it simple to move things around. For instance, if I
have a new name that I want to put into a folder, I also know whether or
not it goes on my card. This is probably the simplest way to track where
you want items.

I split up my names for this simple reason. If I want to be able to access
email, I need internal storage. By putting the bulk of my names on the
card, I save more storage for email, yet keep those most essential names
always at hand.

If you have more questions, you may feel free to write me personally, or
post here. :-)

-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass@usa.net>