RE: NTLK Ethernet on Newton

From: Laurent Chardon (Chardons@sprint.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 15:50:59 EST

There is an easy way to connect NCU through Ethernet on a win32 machine: a
Mac emulator. I can backup my MP2000 through Ethernet with NCU for Mac
running on Basilisk II (URL: http://gamma.nic.fi/~lpesonen/BasiliskII/ )
I definitely recommend Basilisk II to any windows user that has a Newton.
Not only can you back-up through Ethernet, but you can run the C extensions
of NTK, and all kind of other advantages that Mac users have when it comes
to Newton.
The software is free but you still need to own a Mac in order to dump its
ROM for the emulator to use.

Laurent Chardon
SYTEK Canada

mailto:laurent@sytek.on.ca