Re: NTLK Advice-Printing

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 02:18:01 EST

On 3/20/2000 7:48 PM, JForsterMD@aol.com [mailto:JForsterMD@aol.com]
wrote:

>At work, I connect my 2UMP to my Power Computing 120 through the serial
>connection and plugged into the modem port. The PC 120 is connected to the
>ethernet. I print to a LaserWriter 360 which is plugged into the printer
>port, using a printer-bridge program. Is there any way to get my Newt to
>print to the 360? Thanks Jamie

Yep. Easy. Several ways, in fact.

Sounds like the LW 360 is hooked up via a LocalTalk connector since you
say you're running a printer bridge software(I presume Apple's
LaserWriter Bridge or LocalTalk Bridge) so that your Ethernet computers
can print to the LW 360 LocalTalk printer like the 360. Right?

If so, just hook your Newtons into the LocalTalk daisy chain too, thru
their serial port/dongle

OR get an Ethernet card for your Newton MP2k and hook it up to the
AppleTalk net that way. Then just print using the built in Laserwriter
drivers in the Newton.

 - Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!