NTLK 40 Minutes: Diary of a Messagepad repair.

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys@honeywell.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 11:17:54 EST

How did you spend the last 40 minutes?

9:30am

Called Apple support in Memphis (1-800-767-2775). Spoke with 'Scott'.
Requested 'Newton repair'.
Put on hold for Newton Tech.

9:42am

Spoke to 'Liz'. Explained that I wanted only to replace my screen.
She insisted I follow set procedure to 'reset' my machine.
Explained that I KNOW the problem is the screen, please just replace it.
Back and forth exchange until 9:58am
Asked to speak with Customer relations.
On hold.

10:05am

Spoke with 'Lynn'. Very nice person. Explained the situation. She agreed
with me but needed to have me talk to 'Nubes' (Tech guy).
On Hold.

10:11am

Spoke with 'Nubes' who made an exception after hearing my request.
Need to transfer you to Dispatch to get your details.
On hold.

10:15am
Spoke to 'Vicky' who took my details then put me on hold to figure up the
price.
Quoted $185.50 including 3-way shipping.

10:20am
Successfully removed myself from the timewarp.

Whew!!!

I would like to thank Rick Berry mailto:rick_berry@carry-safe.com for
his help with the procedure.

Regards,