NTLK RE: Newtons 7 power (was My dead 130)

From: Bradley Smith (BradleyS@artisansw.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 07:52:21 EST

The issue of Newton power problems has arisen quite a lot recently. If
people want to send me their tips and tricks for getting around these
problems I'll assemble them in a sensible fashion and send the results to
one of the FAQ maintainers.

I noticed for example that if you stick a *totally* drained rechargable pack
in an MP2k it will start charging and a few minutes later it'll tell you
that the pack is dead. This is (I believe) because it checks the charge
after a few minutes and expects it to be at least some level and it finds
that it isn't. The workaround is to keep on taking the pack out and
reinserting it. Eventually the pack's charge reaches a point where the newt
is happy when it does its check and it continues to charge properly!

Adios
Brad

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!