Re[2]: NTLK MP2000 cover/lid? <--Fix, don't replace!

From: W.Lichtenberger (w_l@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 06:46:39 EST

Hello,

On Friday, March 17, 2000, 6:04:19 PM, Rick wrote:
RB> Excellent info from Helen, here, but I took a different tack....

RB> Soon after I bought my first MP2K, one of the plastic pins (the "dead" one,
RB> not the spring-loaded one) broke off, with minimal force (ie, not abuse).
RB> I called Apple (since I was under warranty) and made them send me a new one.
RB> Apple fulfillment usually doesn't require sending back the old/broken part if
RB> it's on the cheap side, since it would cost the company more to receive and
RB> process it that it cost to begin with....

RB> Anyway, I looked at the new door and decided that it would just break too.

RB> I went to the hardware store and got some brass rod, and spent a couple hours
RB> installing a new brass pin on the dead side, held in place with epoxy resin.
RB> I expect this repair will outlast the rest of the door.
RB> I had planned to replace the pin in the "live" or spring-loaded side, but just
RB> haven't needed to so far.

It broke with mine, too, so i bored a hole there, tight enough to fit a
toothpick, put it in, shortened and sanded the outer end and lo & behold: it
works ever since :-)

I seem to replace more & more newt parts with wood (pen was 1st 8^)...

Best regards,
 W.Lichtenberger mailto:w_l@gmx.net

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!