Re: NTLK What in the world is this?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor@gear.torque.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 21:29:05 EST

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 ThisOlNewt@aol.com wrote:

> I was browsing e-bay and came across this......
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=284377339

It's a GRiD. I guess you could call it part of the first generation of
pen-based computers (along with the AT&T Eo, and a few others). This is
obviously pre-Newton. I've never actually seen or used one, but I think
Bill Davis has one. Off the top of my head, they run Intel 80386
processors and used to use Windows 3.1 for Pen Computing (a special hacked
together version of Windows).

-----Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | victor@torque.net------
---Newton Resources: Ethernet, Newton Cage, NewtonTalk archive, and more!---
--------------- http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/newton/ ---------------

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!