Re: NTLK Self-test package?

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren@Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 11:33:07 EST

> On http://www.logictools.de/newton/english/index.html
> you can find Nick's TestIt
>
> from it's own desription:
>
> Try before you buy!
>
> * Checks the speaker
> * Checks the screen
> * Show display parameters like resolution in pixel or dpi and number of
> grayscales
> * System info like cpu type, cpu speed, ROM version and RAM size.
> * Speedtests your memory card

I decided to try this, just out of curiosity...

Here is in interesting result on my upgraded MP2K.

My internal store took 34 seconds (2.9k/sec) to do the test that should have
taken 12 seconds. I have about 228k free. My system was brainwiped only a
month or 2 ago, so fragmentation shouldn't be that bad.

My 8 meg memory card, on the other hand, did it in 11 seconds (8.8k/sec).
It has 2.4 megs free.

Thoughts?

Loren

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the