NTLK Re: Synching Dates

From: Allen Dundek (ajdundek@usfamily.net)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 09:50:31 EST

> Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com) wrote:
>
>> hmmm, I don't get it! I don't synch. I never synched
>> and I never needed to synch. I don't use a PIM on my
>> computer (problem...which computer? the three I have
>> at home, or the three I use at work?)
>
> My view exactly. I never understood why Newton-desktop-synching was so
> important. Now if there were a synching software available for synching
> my MP2100 with my eMate, that would be a different matter ...
>
> Michael J. Hussmann

Here's one reason: Outlook Exchange Server edition allows scheduling of
meetings and sharing of personal schedules over a corporate LAN. When our
company standardizes on it (in the not-to-distant future) they will want all
of our schedules accessible. Therefore being able to enter appointments in
the newton when away from my desk and synching to Outlook prevents having to
remember new items & enter again on the desktop machine.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!