NTLK Wireless?

From: rothesay@sprynet.com
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 20:16:54 EST

There has been a great deal of talk about a Palm emulator for the Newton
lately. While I admit, I would probably buy such a curiosity myself -
that's all it would be: a curiosity. I would be far more interested in a
Newton emulator for the Palm. Then we would be talking about something.

There are no applications for the Palm that are must-haves for the Newton.
But the productive power of a Newton in the far more transportable form
factor of the Palm is worth paying for. Especially if you can then transfer
data between the two machines.

Which brings me around to my point (albeit somewhat obliquely). Our Newtons
are in danger of becoming little islands of productivity in the coming
wireless world. I already use a Palm Vx as a PIM because I can carry it
anywhere, but wireless access to the Palm will let me do e-mail and simple
web-browsing. The Newton is a far more capable platform, and with wireless
connectivity my MP2000 becomes a networked laptop wherever I am at a
fraction of the weight. I would pay a lot for that.

The Newton doesn't need to emulate the Palm, it needs to communicate with it
and the networks that are being built right now.

Comments?

Matt

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!