Re: NTLK MoreInfo vs. DateMan? Power Names vs. SuperNames (was Action Names...)

From: wpalmer@telus.net
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 21:52:24 EST

> I have not tried MI at all, and am generally pleased with DM. Is that even
> the program that MI compares with?
>
> I guess the question is the same old thing as usual...money! I have already
> paid for the SA software and money is short right now.
>
> But if money were not an object (and our productivity should be worth the
> premium), is MI better?

My girlfriend uses DateMan on her MP130, and I use MoreInfo on my MP2k.
Overall, there are pros and cons to each.

There are numerous user interface options for both programs, but neither
fulfilled all my expectations. Having said that, I would have to say that
the user interface is a little more slick in MoreInfo (a highly subjective
point).

On the other hand, DateMan has a smaller footprint in terms of storage
requirements (I think it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 100k smaller
than MoreInfo with all the options installed). Heap use seems similar
between the two programs.

In the end, it comes down to personal taste. Try both if you can, and see
which you like the most.

Bart

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!