re: NTLK Hooking up to Nokia

From: Mishka Gorodnitzky (misaka@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 23:47:42 EST

David Golden writes:
] My wife and I have a Nokia 6185 mobile phone. Is there any combination
] of hardware and software that will allow us to hook it up my to MP2k?
] We're going to be on the road for awhile and I'd like to be able to
] access our email with out tying up family members' phone lines. TIA!

     So long as you have the data cable provided by Nokia for the 6185
phone, you shouldn't have a problem with this. The Nokia 6185
actually responds to the Hayes command set directly, so you don't
require a special driver to run it. I've been able to establish a
connection and do some short web browseing and e.mailing without much
trouble.

-- Mishka

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!