Re: NTLK Arghh! Dongle Port Gooshed!

From: Susan Freeman (suebeano@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 15:23:41 EST

Damn! Already called Apple and the Fedex box is on the way. They were
_very_ cordial, apologetic for holds and eventually I was talking to
someone who understood what the Newton was and corrected my technical
jargon -- it's called an InterConnect Port (teach me to rtfm). Price
quoted to me was $139.xx -- repair will take 5 to 7 business days. In
any case, Gary, I don't think I could bear scratching my Newt's face --
the Gods have a way of making you pay, often in very oblique ways
(anyone who has done any long distance sailing will know what I mean).

Robert, do you know a source for an ethernet card -- Is it still
possible to get a combo (modem/ethernet)?

sue

Gary Moody wrote:

> Hi Sue,
>
> Yeah...major bummer. Listen, if you are sending it into Apple anyway, make
> sure and heavily scratch the screen before shipment, and indicate to Apple
> that the screen also needs to be replaced (as well as anything else that is
> getting a little shabby/worn). The $189.00USD they charge is a flat rate to
> fix ANYTHING/EVERYTHING on a Newton. Also, if Apple did not do the upgrade
> to MP2100 status, make sure and point that out that the upgrade was done to
> Apple. They may replace, rather than fix, your MP and you don't want them
> to ship you an MP2000 rather than an MP2100.
>
> Good Luck! Keep us posted!
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary
> (Mr. Anonymous)