Re: NTLK NCU no connect!

From: Gary Moody (gmoody@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 10:31:05 EST

Hi Ed,

Your statement "Windows 98 running a Celeron 500" says it all. Documented
fact that Windows machines running in excess of 200MHz have difficulties
with serial port negotiation with a Newton, exacerbated as the clock speed
gets higher than 200MHz. Try the SlowDown program, slowdown.exe (~140K),
available at http://members.xoom.com/dburggraf/files/SlowDown.exe. you may
have to fiddle with the controls a bit to optimize the speed of backups and
downloads, but most users say it works great.

Regards,

Mr. Anonymous

BTW: You're right, there is no reference to slowdown.exe in the FAQ.
Hmmmm...