Re: NTLK IMPORTANT notice

From: Gary Moody (gmoody@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 17:59:49 EST

Okay, guys, calm down...

<mount soapbox>

Remember that *we* are the guests here. The Planet Newton folks are
providing this service gratis.

Due to unavoidable circumstances (a server crash...how many can say that
they *never* had a machine crash on them...not many), some data was hosed.
They have done a more than admirable job in getting the list back up *AT
ALL*, much less straightened out perfectly.

We, as the *guests* here, need to politely deal with what our gracious (and,
at this point, somewhat embarrassed) hosts are asking us to do. We're
playing in *their* yard, with *their* bandwidth which they have, quite
nicely, shared with us.

Nothing's perfect, so let's try to make the best of it. I've already
unsubbed and resubbed...took all of 45 seconds. I think 45 seconds of time
is a minor price for what we *all* get here; a sense of community, a sense
of camaraderie, of teaching and learning, and the "critical mass" necessary
to keep our beloved little platform alive.

So...CHILL!

<Little old lady voice>

Remember, patience is a virtue!

</Little old lady voice>

<unmount soapbox>

Disclaimer: The preceding message is my own and does not necessarily
reflect the views of Planet Newton employees or NewtonTalk participants.
All responses to this diatribe should directed to me off-list at
gmoody@hotmail.com to avoid the deafening noise in the channel for the other
non-combatants. Thank you for your attention. We now resume your normal
broadcast...WWWwwoooohHHHOOOooooOEEEEEOOOOOooooo... :)

Regards,

Mr. Anonymous