[Fwd: Subject: RE: NTLK 2100 Power Off]

From: Glenn Costa (gcosta@p085.aone.net.au)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2000 - 06:35:08 EST

Reposted just in case my last post went nowhere, just like digest Vol 264.

attached mail follows:

Had a similar problem on my MP2k. It was solved after removing a package
that allowed page turning on Newton Books via the power switch (sorry no
name - empathically delated from my memory). It also modified sleep time
when books were open. It gave Newt insomnia after the 3AM schedule
check. Was a bummer to see poor NewtOS get up so drained every morning.

HTH

GC

Steve wrote:

> If you are finding it on every morning, you very likely have the
> Sleep Pref
> set to 'never'

There are other possibilities. Mine does the same thing -- it turns on
at 3 am as it's supposed to but then never goes back to sleep. I have my
settings correct, but it still does it. I think it has something to do
with the fact that I have two sleep-affecting apps installed (Backlight
and SleepAid) and they have messed up the prefs. One of these days I'm
going to take the time to figure out how to fix this annoyance (I have
tried the obvious and removed the two apps, but the problem remains).
For now, I just make sure it's plugged in every night.

Steve Vander Ark

-=-=-=-

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!