NTLK RE: open-source NCU - letter/petition

From: THX 1138 (bct1@thestate.infi.net)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 07:58:23 EST

On Thurs., 02 Mar 2000, Jim Witte <jswitte@bloomington.in.us> quoth:

> I've finally gotten around to drafting a letter to Puma Technology
> concerning the possility of making NCU open-source,
>considering its (near certain) incompatibility with MacOS X.

while I applaud your efforts, here I think you may be heading in the wrong
direction.

When I wrote Puma some time back about releasing NCU to the public for
download, they told me Apple had sole rights to release the software in any
form. I suppose that would include the source code, as they sold it all to
Apple and probably no longer retain rights to it.

Given Apple's tight lipped situation on this software, I hope something has
changed, and I fear nothing has.

Keep us abreast of the situation,

later,

ben.

bct1@thestate.infi.net
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/7593/newton.html

"Was that the end?"
"You call that an ending with practically everyone still on their feet? My
goodness no, over your dead body."
        -Tom Stoppard "Rosencrantz and Guilderstein are Dead"

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com