SV: NTLK Samsung Linux PDA, Yopy

From: Kasper Jeppesen (kapper@cs.auc.dk)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 05:17:28 EST

It seems that the topic of a "next" pda for newton users comes up again and
again...
I am the co-owner of a small danish company which specializes in the
production of multimedia kiosks... That however is just a temporary way of
getting cash :)
Or long term plans go towards developing games for GNU/Linux, the web and
PDAs...

Anyways enough intro stuff... I am a faithfull newton owner, but am also
looking for a "next" generation PDA... I currently use an MP2000 in
combination with an onHandPC... Since I have found no golden solution, I
have decided to start making one myself...

More specifically, I'm starting development of a free, open, non-hardware
dependant PDA achitechture...
I will post the url of the website for it once it's up...

Anyways, we are currently in the early analysis phase, and would very much
like comments about what it is that makes the newton so special for us...
hopefully, we will then be able to integrate these things in the new
design...

 regards

 Kasper Jeppesen