Re: NTLK Compact Flash Memory PCMCIA Adaptors

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:41:57 EST

ahh! The Sony Magic Link was a consumer version of the
Motorola Envoy. It was sold through electronic
superstores like Circuit city and such in the United
States. It's major claim to fame was the it used the
Magic Cap OS. If you've never seen the Magic cap OS,
then no amount of describing it would give you an idea
of what it was...but, try and throw away any idea of
any GUI you ever used. Now, picture that you are
sitting in an office in a building that is on a
street. In this office there is a desk, clock on the
wall, a filing cabinet a pad of paper...in the drawer,
there is a sheef of envelopes and paperclips. This is
exactly what you see on the screen. A virtual office!
To leave the office environment, you tap on the door
and you are now in the hallway. you tap further down
the hallway and you see a door, it says "Library" on
it. You go in and there are a bunch of books...You tap
the book you want and toss it in your sachel (oh, did
I mention that you carry with you a bag?) You leave
the library and decide you don't want to carry the
book with you, so you tap on a nearby table and a
drawer pops up, you drop the book into the drawer and
close the drawer. You continue down the hall untill
you leave the building. Walk down the street. As you
walk, you see other buildings with names on them like
AOL (you enter the building for AOL access and signup)
A travel consultant is in another building...you get
the picture...It's really cool and so easy, ANY one
can operate it! None, zero, zilch, no learning curve!

I've got a Windows emulator if you want to play with
it on your windows computer...let me know!
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
http://im.yahoo.com