Re: NTLK stationary...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 17:01:30 EST

mcw wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> In the discussions of Names modifications and other discussions we've
> had, it's been noted that there are different stationaries that can be
> loaded into the Newton. CardMedia is one that comes to mind.
>
> Can data in different stationaries be exported? I tried it at one
> point with CardMedia materials, and there's a new stationary I saw for
> listing CD and other media in notes. Sounds neat, but if I can't
> export the text, it's not much use to me. Does NCU do this? In the
> past, I've not had success.
>
> What can people tell me about stationary and how to use it in such a
> way that I can actually GET to my information on the desktop, too. I
> want something smarter than text export, basically...
>
> Any comments?

If the stationary introduces some data of its own, then you would need
some kind of extension to the Dock/NCU to export them. I don't think that
the current tools used to import/export/synchronize cannot make use of any
additional data that might be stored in a standard soup like Names. In
order to import/export, the tools that perform the process must have a
knowledge of the data. So, the Dock/NCU have the knowledge of the built-in
applications's soups and the fields that were in those soups when the
tools were created/built. Without modifying the tools to make them aware
of new information in some of the standard soups, there's nothing you can
do.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Object Factory, Substrate Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
Fax: 703-833-7555 Usual disclaimers apply

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com