RE: NTLK Company Card Enhancement?

From: Andrew Chen (a_s_c@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 11:12:44 EST

No. It is one thing to just add in the hours of the company (which
could be done in a custom field). It is another to have the Newton
have logic that looked at the hours field and compared it with the
current time and day of week to see if the store is open, and
depending on that, when it would next open or when it would next
close, and indicate that to me in the company card.

Maybe I'm being lazy. If I knew the current time and day of week I
could just look at the company's hours and figure it out myself, but
I didn't want to have to do that. Am I asking for too much? It
doesn't sound like a complicated task, and I know I'd appreciate it.
Ideally I'd like to be able to have it work with the "Find" command,
so I could say something like "Find restaurants open now" and have a
list of all the restaurants that are open now, or something like
"schedule noon lunch at Thai restaurant on Wednesday" in the Assist
and if there is only one Thai restaurant open for lunch on Wednesday
noon, enter that in to the Meeting slip, otherwise, pop up a list of
Thai restaurants and ask me to pick one, enter a new one, or choose
an existing restaurant that isn't currently designated a Thai
restaurant to be designated a Thai restaurant.

I'm sure it doesn't require a substantial amount of logic - I'm just
not sure if it is possible to have it be seamlessly integrated with
the OS.