RE: NTLK LandWare BurroPak: Feedback

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 08:54:54 EST

------------------
> -does it wear comfortably under a shirt or jacket?

Shirt? No way, it's too bulky.
Jacket? Maybe, but do not wear to airport, police station, court of law, or anywhere it can be mistaken for a concealed holster.
It does make the bearer look like one shoulder is larger than the other. ;-)
----------------
> -is it padded?

Only on the side that rests on/by the body. But there is a second slightly smaller pocket also under the velcro-flap. Maybe for a 'Palm', nah! But it can hold the connecting cables, including the print pack's serial-to-parallel cable.
There is also another little pocket within, fits the 'dongle'.
---------------
> -does the Newton slide out easily, even with the rubber feet on the bottom?

With a little aim, yes, smooth nylon helps.
Just be sure the flap is secured, mine slipped out once, OUCH! Like I said, smooth nylon.
---------------
> -does Landware still sell them? :)

Yes, you have to jump around their site, but I got mine two weeks ago. Wear/use it everyday. It helps to keep my hands free and my Newt. 'by my side'. ;-)
Even the Newton 1.x's fit, but they do move inside the Burropak.
All in all, worthwhile purchase.
BTW, when you do have to enter a secure area/building, there are two plastic clamps you can undo and just carry the burropak like the orig. slip case for the OMP/MP100.

HTH!

!ooW %-)

about us at some time. Find out why at:
http://www.evote.com