NTLK donuttalk@cantresist.com

From: KCole (quickink@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 21:58:21 CDT

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:14:43 -0500
> From: jceaser <jceaser@mac.com>
>
> >I did not know the US was known for its good donuts. ......

> >>on 06/24/2000 10:00 AM, Kasper Jeppesen at kapper@cs.auc.dk wrote:
>
> >> mmmm.. donuts.... inorder to maximize my donut experience, I would really apreciate any >>pointers people can give towards good donut places...

In the interest of continuing our social stereotype thread, I believe that would be Canada who's famous for donuts (ala Bob and Doug McKenzie, eh? ;-)) The donut (doughnut?) business in the United States is a wholly-subsidized wing of the law enforcement community.

I worked on a job in '94/95 that had a Krispy Kreme tie-in. Every Friday for six months Krispy Kreme delivered 6 doz. donuts to our door. There were only 5 of us; it's a wonder we didn't all inflate and explode. They even invented a donut, introduced for the Oprah Winfrey Primary Colors episode; it was chocolate topped, glazed over and covered with red, white and blue sprinkles. I nearly went into insulin shock after the first one.

So my advice is, get thee to Krispy Kreme but stick to the basic glazed donut. And heed the wisdom of ".....MUST....STAY....AWAY....."
K<