re: NTLK Off Topic

From: Andy Wells (teddie@tas.quik.com.au)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 02:11:35 CDT

>Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:24:34 -0400
>From: peter brigg <pbrigg@uoguelph.ca>
>To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
>Subject: Re: NTLK OFF TOPIC

>Did you forget to metion your constant embarrassments in international
sport?

Sport ....That's a whole different can of worms. I was more into the
Hollywood stereotype that tourists, or the ones I've met anyway, bring with
them. Constant embarrassments ? There's really only cricket that's an
embarrassment but I'd be hesitant to call a game that only a dozen or so
countries play truly "international". Besides with typical Aussie attitude
how can anything be an embarrassment when we all know that "She'll be right
mate "
( maybe I'll change to "she'll be right eMate " ?)

Andy Wells
Another Newton Nut

teddie@tas.quik.com.au