NTLK Best GSM Solution for UMP2K?

From: Marco Habschick (habschick@compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 11:15:13 CDT

Hello worthy Newtoneers,

I am about to buy a new cellular phone. Last time I made the mistake not to
think about the connectivity to my beloved UMP2K. In order to make it better
this time I have some questions:

1. Which is the best hardware combination (GSM modem card plus mobile,
mobile with softmodem, IrDA mobile, ...) to use mainly in Europe?

2. I think about buying a Siemens C35i, Siemens S35i or Panasonic EB-GD90.
Does anybody use them with the Newt?

3. Which mistakes could I make?

Thanks for your help. I am pleased again and again about the power of this
list - even if I am one of the less active participants. Let's keep the
things rolling.

--
Marco Habschick, Hamburg
T: +49-40-50049401   F: +49-40-50049402