NTLK Re: newtontalk V1 #36

From: KCole (quickink@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 00:11:50 CDT

> Date: Mi, 21 Juni 2000 22:25:00 +0200
> From: Michael Manthey <Michael_Manthey@MagicVillage.de>
> Subject: Re: NTLK=?US-ASCII?Q?_R=E9f.?=
>
> >Um...Ed...er...I *think* that this attitude is the *definition* of the
> >"Ugly American".

Until my wife moved to the States from Sweden, she thought all American's were either blue-haired old ladies with big purses or hippies with back-packs. Maybe "Ugly American's" is relative...? Are we including Canadians and everyone from Mexico to Chile or just us American's from the US? Can I talk about ugly Frenchmen if I mention the Newton once in a while? Any other nationals out there with a different American stereotype? I'm ugly AND curious! K<