Re: NTLK Very strange Package Soup problems

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 11:57:04 CDT

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 Victor Rehorst wrote:

-----------
>-----
>Gosh, I should have told you that this does not look like a package
>soup corrupted problem. (such a soup corruption problem makes that
>some packages don't get removed, don't activate and so on, and is
>indeed unfixable). It looks like a NCU backup corrupted problem. Try
>to remove the previous backup out of the scope of NCU.
>-----
>
>There is none. It's a totally clean install of NCU. I even tried NBU, still the same.
I'm not familiar with PC but on the Mac, trashing NCU's preference file can sometimes help. You are talking about backing up of Internal (4MB) only right? The -1 error only happened to me when backing up large (24 MB and above) Cards. Never internal.

If it's any consolation, I resorted to Card backups after NCU failed to backup my 32 MB card. I resigned to the fact that it was too large. But this was through local talk. When I got my Ethernet Card, I gave it a go again and NCU backup all my Cards (16, 20, 24, 32 MB) to desktop without a single error.

What I'm trying to say is that it may not even be a corrupt pkg or soup. Card to Card backups will ALWAYS work So your SBM Utilities is not wasted.:-p

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.0