Re: NTLK Answers: eMate recording software

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 10:06:13 CDT

Ermin Mistica wrote:

> Thank you Laurent!!! I went to the Website and purchased the program. I now
> have it on my MP2100 and my eMate 300. I think I will go out today and buy a
> new microphone for my eMate 300. Any suggestions as to a specific model? I'm
> looking at this one green and ice designed for the iMac but I think it will
> do nicely with the eMate. Again thank you for the heads up. I do love being
> part of the NewtonTalk. Take care and wear the day well.
>
> Sincerly,
> Ermin Mistica

Ermin,

You're welcome! BTW, I've just ordered a headset for my Macintosh. I don't know
if this is what you're looking for. I still haven't received it, though. If it's
the one from Andreas Electronics (the SM-71 IIRC), than I've read good comments
about this one. My only concern is if it will work with your eMate. I've bought
this one to use it with my Macintosh and had almost no choice because the mic
input on a Mac is of type line level. That means that in order to use a
microphone with a Mac, you need one that has a pre-amplifier. The headset that I
bought from Andreas Electronics has specifically this pre-amplifier to make it
compatible with Macintosh computers. However, I'm not sure about the mic input
on an eMate. I'm cc'ing the NewtonTalk list in the hope that an eMate owner will
chime in.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com