Re: NTLK A French mailing-list, why not?

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 05:05:26 CDT

>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:27:30 +0200
>From: Fr=?ISO-8859-1?B?6WTpcmljIFBhY2jp?= <f.pache@skynet.be>
>
>Newton-FR is for people that speak only French.
>I read English fluently and want help French-only-speaking people. Not
>everybody on Earth speak English...

even though the Newton market isn't growing, I think there's room for
whatever special interest/needs groups that want to be created --
especially if those groups can't participate in the "main" group or don't
feel comfortable asking/"bothering". (there was also a recent proposal to
create a beginner's Newton programming group separate from the
comp.sys.newton.programmer newsgroup).

so that we don't become isolated, it would be good though if someone from
those groups (the moderator?) acted as a bridge periodically to summarize
info learned or outstanding questions to here (NewtonTalk) or
comp.sys.newton.misc -- that way I (and many others) can particpate
indirectly, even if we choose to not subscribe to lots of other
discussions/lists.