Re: NTLK Unhappy palm story

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 00:47:55 CDT

>> ______________________
>> Prentiss S. N. Gray
>> Senior Systems Engineer
>> GE Capital - Information Technology Solutions
>>
>> "No matter where you go, there you are"
>> - Buckaroo Bonsai

Hey, Prentiss - signature check!

That's Buckaroo BANZAI, Monkey Boy! ;-)

[Bonsai is the Japanese term for a (usually) small potted and sculpted
tree -- a Japanese art form - I have about a dozen; Banzai is another
Japanese word. We Bonsai enthusiasts see those two being confused a LOT.]

That quote brings back memories. Somewhere in the closet, I've got a CE
Software QuickMail baseball jersey with that phrase on the back. When I
worked for them back in the late '80s and early '90's, they thought about
using it for a slogan for QuickMail...the Boss loved that movie, as I
recall.

I just saw it again on TV recently after not seeing it for many years.
Hoo, boy! How could I forget Jeff Goldblum in that REALLY goofy cowboy
outfit. Snicker! Now he's doing iMac and iBook ads and saving the world
from aliens with his PowerBook.

 - Lectroid Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/