Re: NTLK RE: MP2000 dead again...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 09:32:44 CDT

Bob Dawson wrote:

> Well, now it's back again. Making me feel pretty silly.
>
> The question now: What to do? If the Newt's working OK, there's nothing for
> Apple to fix if I send it in. On the other hand why is it seemingly doing
> this whenever I change batteries now? Is there something definitively wrong,
> causing it to do that, that they can fix if I send Newt in?
>
> Anybody have any clues as to the technical explanation of this?
>
> Thanks,
> --bd--
>
> Bob Dawson
> Prepress Director
> TL Enterprises, Inc.
> "Recreation At Its Best"
> Ventura, CA

Bad contacts with the batteries, maybe? It's hard to tell. I haven't heard in 7 years I'm using a Newton of one that has the behavior you're describing. Sure, we've all heard about the
"deep sleep", but everytime the batteries are replaced? I've been replacing the batteries in mine many times without being plugged with the adapter, and he never did this to me.

One thing I'm just thinking about, do you have any card in it? Maybe there's a card that draws too much power, often causing a deep sleep?

Well, since the box is on his way, let it go. You will have to remove all batteries in it anyway, so with a little luck, when Apple's technician will try to power it on, they'll have
the same problem.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com