Re: NTLK newton questions

From: Wolf Lichtenberger (w_l@gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 06:03:08 CDT

Hello,

On Wednesday, June 14, 2000, 7:07:12 PM, Tad wrote:

TaTC> Hi, this is my first time posting some questions on the newtontalk list. Thanks
TaTC> very much to anyone who can help me with the following:

TaTC> 1. what are people's favorite games that would work on my MP2100?

Any variant of SOKOBAN, a box-shoving puzzle game. If you don't know it
from another computer, do try it (addictive!).

TaTC> 4. I just can't seem to get it to recognize a capital K.

8^))) Just out of scientific interest: could you scan in a picture of
your K, convert it (there are programs for that) to ascii graphics (no
attachments here please) and show us? So, resulting in something like
O O
O O
OO
O O
O OO
(remember the ascii graphics calendars from line printers, back in the 80s?)

TaTC> 5. are there side effects to using big cards?

big cards are said to use more heap (built-in RAM), but maybe mainly if you keep
lots of (unfrozen) programs on them.

TaTC> 6. periodically, the find command in newton works starts using up all my
TaTC> memory and causing frequent restarts. This only happens in works.

If i recall correctly, Paul Guyot (pnm-consulting.com) has/is working on
a fix for "the find bug in works".

That's all i know for now.

regards,
-- W.Lichtenberger mailto:w_l@gmx.net