Re: NTLK Airport card?

From: gopi@sloth.org
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 17:06:41 CDT

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, goliveira wrote:

> I don't remember if this was covered but does the Newton support the
> Aircard?
>
> OS 2.1 of course in a 2100.

Not currently. Lucent cards are likely to be supported when I finish the
driver I'm working on; it's on hold due to other commitments but I fully
expect that by the end of the summer I will have a working WaveLAN / IEE
802.11 driver for the MessagePad 2x00. I do have the card accepted in the
Newton, and being re-initialized and correctly responding, after the
expected delay, and informing me that it has finished the init command.

In other words, it appears very likely that it will work, it just requires
more time, especially since Lucent does not document the card at all.

gopi.