Re: NTLK TTS Joy to the world or Make your newton sing =)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 14:33:12 CDT

Carlos Pessoa wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have macintalk installed but I canīt see any "speak
> text button"!!!! Where is this button?

Carlos,

The "Speak Text" option is not a button. That's an additional option that you will see in all application that support the routing/transport menu (this is the little popup button that
looks like an enveloppe. It's usually located at the bottom of the application, to the right side, just next to the close button).

Also, in addition to the Macintalk extension, make sure you have another extension called "SpeakText" in the Extensions folder. The Macintalk extension is merely the text-to-speech
engine, while the SpeakText extension is the piece that will provide the "speak text" option in all application supporting the routing feature of the Newton. BTW, other routing options
are print, email and fax.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com