Re: NTLK TTS Joy to the world or Make your newton sing =)

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 11:24:15 CDT

Robert Benschop wrote:

> on 13-06-2000 8:44, Paul Lim at plim@eisa.net.au wrote:
>
> > [[pmod 0;pbas +10;inpt PHON]]~J>>>>OY [[pbas -1]]t>>>>UW [[pbas -2]]D>>UX
>
> Yes, incredible, can any of you programmers explain to normal mortals like
> me how this works, I would love to write a couple of my own.

I think that those codes are basically phonemes that the TTS recognizes. What makes things a bit more convoluted is that there are TTS commands that are mixed with the phonemes (like
PHON or pmod). If you don't know those commands, it can be quite disconcerting...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com