Re: NTLK IRDA<->USB

From: J. van de Griek (Joost_van_de_Griek@nl.yachtgroup.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 07:40:28 CDT

frederic.pache@belgacom.be wrote:

> Concerning the Ethernet PCMCIA card Farallon, what is the right model
> number? I read that sometimes problems rise with this?

The Farallon PN895, PN595-TP and PN595-C will work in the Newton (they're
all the same card, they just come with different "dongles"); the newer
PN595a will not work.

Apart from the Farallon card (the only one ever officially supported by its
manufacturer to work in the Newton), there are some 3Com cards that work,
D-Link, TDK, and a couple of others. Check out
http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/ for the definitive skinny on Newton
Ethernet.

,xtG
..tsooJ