Re: NTLK Getting big packages out of the Newt

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 04:24:34 CDT

>Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:21:41 -0700
>From: Jim Anderson <jiman@microsoft.com>
>
> I'm just wrapping up a newtonbook version of the Jargon File
>(*large* packages), which I've done with NewtsCape. I've tried a couple of
>different methods of getting the packages off, with no success. PackageBuddy
>pukes (on the windows client side), as does NewtFTP. Anyone have success
>getting big packages (> 500MB) off a Newton?

do you have extra storage space available (at least size of package)?
PackageBuddy, X-Port and Sloup all use the same core code (that I contributed)
that fixes up object pointers in a copy so that the package can be
reinstalled elsewhere.

if you've got enough space, you might try X-Port if it's a comms problem.

other options: email the package as attachment, or EEtransfer.

Steve
weyer@kagi.com
NewtDevEnv, Newt's Cape, Sloup, Crypto,...
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~sweyer/newton/index.htm
http://www.kagi.com/weyer