Re: NTLK Palm vs. Newton: A Metaphor

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 00:00:27 CDT

On 6/7/00 7:31 AM, Loren Finkelstein [mailto:Loren@Finkelstein.net]
wrote:

>You are thinking to small. Bypass the eye and go straight for a Neural
>Interface.

"Resistance is futile."
  - The Borg

:-)

(Sorry, my interest in technology ends when they start wanting to wire it
into my brain or eyes/ears/nerves). If it was to fix something, then
maybe....but not something like this. Brrrrr! Shivers!

>Just imagine, screen definition limited only by your imagination. Until
>now, I thought 1280x1024 on my desktop was good. :-)
>
>But beware of any E-Mail with the subject ILOVEYOU, for it will wipe out
>your childhood and replace it with a desire to shine Bill Gates shoes.
>
>Loren
>
>> peter brigg wrote:
>>> The dream would be complete if the "new Newton" could do speech
recognition.
>>> Input is still a crucial problem.
>> I hate the idea of speech recognition. This world is noise enough! TR,
>> thought recognition is the new direction! And why a display? A small
>> colour laser scanner, integrated in the frame of the sunglasses can
>> project the screen directly onto the retina. This intermediate step is
>> necessary, because we can't feed in the pictures directly into the eye
>> nerves, at the moment.
>> --
>>
>> Regards / Viele Gruesse
>>
>> Marco Mailand
>>
>> http://www.psi.ch/SLS
>> http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/