Re: NTLK card seizes up Newton

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 12:01:35 CDT

KMcComb@nycboe.net wrote:

> Once more into the breach with a nagging question.
>
> I had removed my card from my MP120 (for what reason I don't remember now -
> it was trivial) and when I returned it to the slot, it did the usual reload
> of the things stored on the card. The unusual thing is that it not locks up
> when it reaches one specific package (one that I'd like to delete anyway).
> It did not do this before, and I can't honestly recall doing anything to
> either the card or the MP120 that would cause this. Either way - is there a
> way of breaking out of this freeze-up so that I can remove that offending
> package?
>
> If you respond, please respond to kinsfire@earthlink.net, since I won't be
> able to read my work e-mail until Monday, and there are things I REALLY need
> to do with my Newton over the weekend....Thanks in advance for ANY help you
> can give.

After inserting the card, immediately tap the screen about 1/2" from the left side, about halfway from top to bottom. A message should appear asking if you want to activate packages on
the card. Tap no. Then, open extras and delete the offending package. Eject and re-insert the card to see if it works.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com