Re: NTLK Memory card error -10606

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 17:25:19 CDT

Hi Betty,

>I did a bad thing

What exactly?

>and caused a -10606 error on my 24mb card. Is there any
>way to retrieve the data? When the card is inserted, inserted with
>extensions off, or inserted with prefs slip open, I get the -10606 error
>and the only option is to erase the card.

(you tried to boot the newton without any extension, then insert the
card without any extension?)

Brian also has such an error (object not found) with the card.
To be honest, yes, I am scared that you will need to erase it.

(in fact, there is no utility to retrieve the data here, but the
content is not lost, just partially corrupted)

But what happens next, could you use it once erased?

Regards,

Paul

--
P&M Consulting Newton Program