Re: NTLK More programming questions (DeletionScript)

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 04:36:47 CDT

>Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 05:33:44 -0500
>From: Jim Geldermann <jim_geldermann@dev-corp.com>

>In your projectData file put the following:
>
>RemoveScript := func(partframe)
>begin

remember that a RemoveScript gets run whenever an app gets frozen, or a
card is unmounted.
I assume Jim's original intention was to cleanup after his app only when it
was actually deleted, so a DeletionScript is the correct approach.

>From: Jim Anderson <jiman@microsoft.com>
>
> Hi, Steve,
>
> Thanks for catching the store != s error. I corrected that, but my
>deletion script still doesn't get run. I've tried putting a notification in
>it so I'd know if it ran, and it still didn't run. It looks like the
>deletion script isn't getting called at all. Most of the programming docs I
>have are oriented towards programming Newtons with a Mac, but I'm using
>Windows. Do you know if there is anything special you need to do to get NTK
>to generate a deletion script properly? Do you have to use a special file
>name for the text file containing the script?

you can include it in Project Data or any text file that you've added to
your project.
(I don't know if Windows requires a specific extension)
I assume this is a 2.x project? (DeletionScript not supported for 1.x)

I haven't used a DeletionScript myself, but there are several NTK examples
that do:
  ArchiteTransport, MinMail, ListIcon
so maybe see how the Windows versions of those projects do it.

Steve