Re: NTLK MP2k <-> iMac

From: Victor Rehorst (chuma@chuma.org)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 22:24:17 CDT

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, David ' willi ' Wilhelm wrote:

> > Unless you have a friend who can beam you the packages.
>
> Those packages are copy protected. You can't beam them. :(

The only NIE package that is copy protected is the main package, Internet
Enabler. The rest can be beamed (maybe not the Farallon Driver, but the
patches are for sure not copy protected)

> Also, am I missing something in setting up a ethernet connection to NCU?
> The instructions say to set your AppleTalk settings on the desktop mac
> to 'ethertalk'. I don't have this as a choice in the drop down menu!
> Hopefully this isn't something lost via OS9 or something.... Any tips
> would be appreciated.

Possibly. The last MacOS version that I used with any regularity was 7.5.5
:P

Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | chuma@chuma.org
Secretary, CASU & CPES College Governments, University of Guelph, Canada
Newton Resources: Ethernet, Mailing List Archive, Newton Cage File Archive,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ FAQ, Documentation, Books, Projects and fun, too!
                  http://www.chuma.org/newton/